To pay a bill online, please visit https://billpay.veritymed.org
For questions regarding bills sent BEFORE July 1, 2017 – please contact SOAR at email@example.com.
For questions regarding bills sent AFTER July 1, 2017 – please contact Verity Medical Foundation Billing Department at 408.278.3550 or 888.696.3772.
- Health insurance coverage varies and not all services are covered. If your insurance carrier rejects a claim, or approves only a portion of the amount billed, the balance of the claim is due from you.
- The Surgery Financial counselor can give you an estimate of the surgeon’s fee, however all fees incurred for services outside of SOAR, such as the assistant surgeon, anesthesiologist, hospital, etc, is not our responsibility. We cannot guarantee all other providers of services are contracted with your insurance.
- Please note that we can only help to explain bills after your insurance company or health plan has taken action. If your insurance company or health plan has not already taken action on your claim, you should call them first. Please understand that billing for surgery can be especially complex.
- Usual, Reasonable and Customary – Our fees are set according to our geographical location, the high level of expertise and quality of care our physicians provide. Some insurance companies that we are not contracted with will indicate that our fees are above their usual and customary rate. You will still be responsible for the full amount of the charge.
Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
Please note that even though the doctor orders Durable Medical Equipment (DME) for your surgery, it is not mandatory that you use this equipment. We are not responsible if your insurance does not cover the cost of Durable Medical Equipment. It is your choice to use DME and call your insurance company for benefit coverage.
The Surgery Scheduling Department will contact your insurance company to verify your coverage and to obtain any authorization / pre-certification for your surgeon’s services. If you have not given our office complete insurance information; please contact the Surgery Scheduling department immediately.
We strongly recommend that you contact your insurance as well as to ensure a better understanding of your benefits as they pertain to your surgery. Authorization for surgery by your insurance company does not guarantee payment of benefits.
Verity Medical Foundation, as a courtesy, will bill your primary insurance carrier for all services. If payment has not been received from your insurance carrier within 45 days, the responsible party will be expected to pay the balance.
You will receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your insurance company from four separate providers of service:
- Verity Medical Foundation for your surgeon’s fees
- The facility
- Assistant surgeon, if used
If you are a Medicare patient, claims will be prepared and submitted to Medicare on your behalf. Because Verity Medical Foundation accepts assignments, we will bill Medicare patients for their deductibles, non-covered services, and 20% co-insurance. Payment is expected within 30 days.
Preferred Provider Plans
Verity Medical Foundation, as a courtesy, will bill your insurance carrier for all services. When a response is received from the insurance carrier, you will be billed for your liability. Payment is due upon receipt of this statement. PPO co-pays are required at the time of service.
Verity Medical Foundation policy requires payment in full at the time of service for all HMO services not covered under the HMO plan. If payment was not made at the time of service, the balance due is payable upon receipt of this statement. HMO co-pays are required at the time of service.